Are you thinking about getting motorized roller shades and blinds for your home, but not sure if they’re really worth it? We’re here to tell you that they are. There are lots of reasons why automation is the best way to go when it comes to blinds. Read on to find out six of them.
Why You Should Install Motorized Roller Shades
- They’re Convenient – Everything is being automated these days. There’s one main reason why, and that’s convenience. Convenience is why we have self-service checkouts at the supermarket and robot vacuum cleaners on our floors. It’s much easier to have a system take care of things for us than to have to do them manually, and automatic devices give us the time and freedom to focus on more important things. Most recently, this has fed into the development of ‘smart home’ technology, which has revolutionized our way of living. Motorized roller shades are part of this. They can be controlled remotely, so all you have to do is press a button, but it gets even easier than that. They can also be programmed to open and close at certain times of the day, following the schedule you set. That takes the human input out of it completely. Just set it once, then let the system do its job from then on.
- They’re Safer – Cords are becoming a thing of the past. Nowadays, we use cordless headphones and mouses, and more and more appliances are following suit, using wireless connections. When it comes to blinds, going without cords is the much safer option. Cords and strings hanging from blinds present a hazard to children and pets, who can easy become tangled in them, causing injury to themselves. In some tragic cases, this has resulted in strangulation. Using Remote control Blinds eliminates this risk, so you don’t have to worry about what’s happening when you’re not around.
- They’re Economical – Did you know that motorized roller blinds can actually save you money on your utility bills? They automatically adjust to the amount of light and heat coming through your window so that your home can maintain the perfect temperature. This means you don’t have to expend extra energy by running your air conditioning to cool it down. Using less energy means spending less money, and you’ll be thankful for it at the end of the month when your bill arrives.
- They Increase Security – When you’re away from home, potential burglars could have their eyes on your property. In order to tell whether or not someone is at home, they’ll often look at the windows for clues. If you have automated blinds, you can set them to go up and down at certain times, or even randomly. This gives people the impression that you’re home, putting off potential intruders and making your home safer. This is an added bonus of automated blinds that many people don’t consider.
- They Protect Your Furniture – Sunlight can damage your furniture, as well as other objects in your home, like photos, wallpaper and artwork. If you don’t block it out well enough, it will cause colours to fade. Automatic blinds are a great way to prevent this damage, keeping our home looking better for longer. Since they can be controlled by sensors and timers, you don’t need to be home to make sure they work. They’ll block out the strongest sunlight from your home on their own, protecting everything inside.
They Make Your Home More Versatile – Install Motorized roller shades & blinds do much more than provide shade. They increase the versatility of your living space by allowing it to have different functions. This is great for indoors and outdoors. In the bedroom, they can block out light during the night and gradually let in more sunlight in the morning to wake you up. In the living room, they can give you surface to project images and movies onto. In the garden, they can block out the elements to allow you to sit comfortably outside whatever the weather. However you want to use your blinds, motorization can give them multiple functions to make the most of the space you have in your home.
Create Your Own Smart Home
Automating your blinds will not only provide convenience, safety and economic benefits, but will bring your home up to date with the latest technology. All the most modern homes have automated features, so why not get with the times, update your home technology and improve your standard of living? Installing motorized roller shades on your windows will do all of this, as well as creating a seamless appearance with a sleek elegance that will impress your house guests.